Thank you to Alan Stein Jr for the article on your take of being a master coach.
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to work with, learn from and talk shop with countless Hall-of-Fame coaches over my career. From dinners with Bobby Knight & Hubie Brown to watching Coach K & John Calipari run practice to private meetings with Kevin Eastman & George Raveling to speaking alongside Don Showalter and Tates Locke to working for Mike Jones & Stu Vetter – I’ve been able to closely observe the qualities of a master coach. These are my take on the 14 qualities of a master coach.
Here are 14 qualities of a master coach:
- Has a purposeful mission.
- Is a big thinker.
- Has high character.
- Embraces change.
- Has empathy.
- Takes calculated risks.
- Has a high basketball I.Q.
- Is decisive.
- Uses authority appropriately.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Needs to be servant leader.
- Strives to be courageous.
- Is fully committed to the betterment of their players (on and off the court).
- Works on their craft every single day.
How many of these do you do?
Thanks for reading, time to get back in the gym.
For more information on iSport360 and how we help coaches, you can try our product at no cost for 21 days.