In the article below there are 22 inspiring quotes from female athletes focusing on Improvement, Mental Toughness, and Determination. These female athletes have dominated their sports.
I hope you’ll use these to motivate the growth of tomorrow’s female athletes.
Quotes about Improvement:
- “Set realistic goals, keep re-evaluating, and be consistent.” – Venus Williams
- “There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one.” – Mia Hamm
- “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
- “If you care about the people you work with then you work harder.” – Kristine Lilly
- “You can’t always be the best. You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes sometimes.” – Aly Raisman
- “You make your own luck. You make it in training.” – Simone Biles
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
Quotes about Mental Toughness:
- “Once you give them the power to tell you you’re great, you’ve also given them the power to tell you you’re unworthy. Once you start caring about people’s opinions of you, you give up control.” – Ronda Rousey
- “Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” – Mia Hamm
- “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” – Serena Williams
- “Passion first and everything will fall into place.” – Holly Holm
- “Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.” – Simone Biles
- “You control your own wins and losses.” – Maria Sharapova
- “Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… play for her.” – Mia Hamm
- “You have to be positive, and I’m not just talking about athletics, this also applies to life.” – Sheryl Swoopes
- “The ultimate goal should be doing your best and enjoying it.” – Peggy Fleming
Quotes about Determination:
- “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.” – Simone Biles
- “You never know if you can actually do something against all odds until you actually do it.” – Abby Wambach
- “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment!” – Aly Raisman
- “You can’t cry when things get a little bit hard. You’ve just got to push through and know that there’s a reason and end to the means.” — Abby Wambach
- “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.” – Jackie Joyner Kersee
- “Without goals, training has no direction.” – Natalie Coughlin
Are we missing one? Comment below with your favorite quote by a female athlete!
CoachUp is the safest and easiest way to find a coach for personalized training. With our 100% money-back guarantee and vetted coaches, anyone can achieve their full athletic potential. Find your perfect coach today and become the athlete you want to be!